The Office of the Prime Minister wishes to advise that based on the advice of health officials, Spanish Wells may resume normal commercial and social activity, effective immediately.
The lockdown and curfew have been lifted for Spanish Wells because health officials have not recorded any recent suspected COVID-19 activity on the island for at least two weeks.
Residents of Spanish Wells must continue to practice COVID-19 prevention health guidelines in accordance with the Emergency Powers Lockdown Order.
Consideration for the resumption of normal commercial and social activity will continue to be given to other Family Islands that have not recorded suspected COVID-19 activity for at least two weeks on a case by case basis.
The public is reminded to practice the following COVID-19 prevention guidelines:
• wear a face mask when you leave home;
• keep your distance, at least 6 ft from others;
• wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol;
• cover your cough or sneeze in your inner elbow or with a tissue; and
• clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as phones, remote controls, counters, doorknobs, and keyboards.
Please do your part to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Office of the Prime Minister, Commonwealth of The Bahamas
14 August 2020
The Hon. K. Peter Turnquest.
Prime Minister Hubert Minnis, on Wednesday, November 25th, 2020 announced...
SEVEN – DAY WEATHER FORECAST 23rd – 29th NOVEMBER, 2020
General Situation: A weak Cold Front...
Boating event hosted at The Cape Eleuthera Resort and Marina during the month of March 2020. (Photo credit:...
Pictured from left: Sir Michael Barnett, former Chief Justice and current President of the Court of Appeal...