On Sunday evening, August 2nd, 2020, the Office of The Prime released the following statement and poster (above) about Emancipation Day Shopping Hours, which apply to all islands of The Bahamas:
“The Office of the Prime Minister wishes to advise that food stores, pharmacies, gas stations, water production companies and hardware stores will be permitted to operate for the general public on Monday 3 August 2020 from 7am to 6pm.
This applies to all islands of The Bahamas, including Grand Bahama.
The public is reminded to practice the following COVID-19 prevention guidelines:
• wear a face mask when you leave home;
• keep your distance, at least 6 ft from others;
• wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol;
• cover your cough or sneeze in your inner elbow or with a tissue; and
• clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as phones, remote controls, counters, doorknobs, and keyboards.
Please do your part to prevent the spread of COVID-19. ”
2 August 2020
Office of the Prime Minister
Commonwealth of The Bahamas
The Hon. K. Peter Turnquest.
Prime Minister Hubert Minnis, on Wednesday, November 25th, 2020 announced...
SEVEN – DAY WEATHER FORECAST 23rd – 29th NOVEMBER, 2020
General Situation: A weak Cold Front...
Boating event hosted at The Cape Eleuthera Resort and Marina during the month of March 2020. (Photo credit:...
Pictured from left: Sir Michael Barnett, former Chief Justice and current President of the Court of Appeal...