Authorities confirmed on Monday morning, January 22nd, 2018, that two additional people had been arrested in connection with the January 18th armed robbery in Palmetto Point – another adult male, along with an adult female. However, all suspects were released on Tuesday evening, July 23rd, 2018, and no one has been charged in the case.
Investigations were said to be continuing as authorities awaited results of forensic evidence collected from the crime scene.
On January 19th, 2018, we reported:
According to the Royal Bahamas Police Force Eleuthera Division, an armed robbery incident took place in Palmetto Point at a local service station on Thursday evening, January 18th, 2018, shortly after 10pm. The proprietor of the service station contacted Governor’s Harbour Police by telephone and reported that the business had just been robbed by three masked gunmen.
A male employee at the service station was said to have been shot, and a male customer gun-butted during the robbery incident, before the masked gunmen escaped with a large sum of cash. According to an eyewitness the victim was “heartlessly” shot to the chest subsequent to the gunmen’s demands being met. Officers quickly responded to the scene which was then processed.
Police reported on Friday morning, January 19th, 2018 that as a result of ongoing investigations, three adult males were taken into custody. The three suspects currently being held in relation to Thursday night’s armed robbery, were described as having recently moved to the island from New Providence. A team of Police Officers from New Providence are also currently on island assisting with the investigation.
The employee who was shot was confirmed to have been airlifted into New Providence by emergency flight for further medical attention.
Police recorded one attempted armed robbery in Eleuthera during 2017.
The Bahamas has now moved into Phase 3 of the Government’s gradual economic and social re-opening...
SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT – SUNDAY 24TH MAY 2020 (Updated at 5pm)
A TROPICAL WAVE STRETCHING...
Ministry of Health Update – May 23rd, 2020:
THREE ADDITIONAL CONFIRMED COVID-19 CASES –...
Dr. Merceline Dahl-Regis
NASSAU, Bahamas — Dr. Merceline Dahl-Regis, COVID-19 Task Force Coordinator,...