Young Men’s Leadership Program Manager
The Cape Eleuthera Island School’s Outreach mission is to foster meaningful relationships through education, conservation and sustainability to advocate living well in a place. We currently host a range of programming including:
• Young Men’s Leadership Program
• A six-week Summer Apprentice Program
• A Literacy Program in partnership with local primary schools
• Field trips for local schools focused on marine research, conservation and sustainability
• After Schools Program:
• Open learning Centre: homework, numeracy and literacy
• Community Garden
• Plastic Club
• Swim Club
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to lead, mentor and guide the future of the Young Men’s Leadership Program supporting boys to realize their full potential by:
• Supporting students to build conflict resolution, teamwork and leadership skills and develop self-awareness and confidence
• Fostering self-discipline, accountability and lead physical challenges and exercise programming
• Supporting boys to plan for their future, encouraging them to achieve growth in school academically and develop practical life skills
• Leading sessions on healthy relationships
• Facilitating overnight leadership camps during school breaks
Additional responsibilities include:
• Overseeing the daily management of outreach programming
• Supporting outreach programming including summer apprentice program, after schools and literacy buddy reading program
• Developing curriculum, lesson plans and benchmarks for outreach programs
• Monitoring, evaluation and reporting of programming
• Assisting in fundraising effort with donors and completing grant applications
• Managing and supporting the development of a small team
• Training and mentoring staff and interns
Skills and Qualifications
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education, youth development or similar and 5 years professional work experience
• A mature attitude is essential in this position as you are considered a role model for students
• Demonstrated experience managing and implementing youth development programs, and/ or teaching experience, preferably in The Bahamas
• Experience supporting social inclusion, social cohesion and working with marginalized and/ or at-risk youth
• Strong organization and communication skills are crucial
• Demonstrated experience grant writing and reporting
• Demonstrated experience working effectively with partner and government representatives, donors and other stakeholders
• An interest in the environment and sustainability would be an advantage but not necessary
• A background or experience specializing in literacy would be preferred
• The nature of this role requires a high level of flexibility and problem solving with a high-energy personality that exudes empathy and a sense of adventure!
Compensation & Benefits
• Salary commensurate with role and experience
• Room, board and medical insurance package available
• 15 days of paid vacation per year, 11 public holidays and 5 days paid sick leave, subject to School policies on notice in each contract year
• Eligibility for matching retirement plan after two years of service
• Professional development opportunities
• The opportunity to be part of a fast growing, young, vibrant education organisation that provides opportunities for developing a career, networking, and interaction with
other NGOs, regional government organizations and academic institutions internationally.
This is a full-time position that requires flexibility and is not a standard 9-5 role. Cape Eleuthera Island School operates year-round and working hours vary depending on program needs, typically in this role the work week will run from Tuesday – Saturday (40 hours/week), however at times evening and weekend work will be required. Special events will require periods of time outside of normal working hours when staff have to be on site for an extended time.
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references in a single PDF to email@example.com.
SEVEN – DAY WEATHER FORECAST 22ND – 28TH SEPTEMBER, 2020
A Stationary Front...
(September 23rd, 2020) – ONE HUNDRED FIFTY-ONE (151) ADDITIONAL CONFIRMED COVID-19 CASES, TWO (2)...
Prime Minister the Most Hon. Dr. Hubert Minnis in the House of Assembly, September 23, 2020 made a plea...